Monday, August 17, 2009

Raptors

We are doing a bird unit study and here is some writing I have done today

Climate Change

I am an albatross,
I am fleeing because the climate is changing,
It is very tiring,
I am wet, cold , hungry and sore,
I do not know where we will land,
Our Island is no longer our home.
The place we have always nested is ravaged by ferociuos storms
and it seems to be getting smaller,
and too crowded.
We have had to defend our young-
those who could fly,
From hungry sea eagles and other mouths who want to eat them.
I had to leave my hatchlings behind.
They could not fly.
I am so tired.
I hope we can land soon.


I also have done a haiku poem on eagles

The Lord of the sky
Magestic Eagle on high
Surveys his kingdom


Haiku is an ancient Japanese form of poerty that focuses on rhythm not rhyme
5 syllables
7 syllables
5 sylables

No comments:

Post a Comment